I’m stuck in Chicago for the next month and am crazy bored/boring, hence the lack of a real post topic. I only leave my house to go to Wendy’s, Jewel-Osco, or the library, and while the life of a homebody is pretty relaxing and one I’d recommend, it doesn’t give much blog material, so move on down, nothing to read here.
- Going back to Tucson next month, thank God. (Can’t believe I just thanked God for Tucson). Being at home is suffocating. My mom says I act like I don’t have a family, which is fair, but I can’t help it. I’m ready for an evolution and that’s not happening around old people or in old places.
- I need to live somewhere cool and rainy once I graduate; I can’t take any more heat. All suggestions are appreciated. Seattle seems pretty perfect except that it’s in a major earthquake zone 😦 Though I’d rather risk an earthquake than deal with an Arizona summer.
- Went to Chinatown today with some very cool family friends. Gorged myself on chow mein, potstickers, and sweet and sour chicken without a lick of shame. Also learned that proper chopstick use isn’t something my muscle memory covers.
- Nothing makes you feel like you’re putting your English degree to good use like recognizing the Mrs. Dalloway allusion at the start of a New York Times short story.
- Have eight books out at the library plus a suitcase full of my books. Please send help.
- Basking in The Kilroy’s 2016 List. The Kilroys are a group of playwrights and producers fighting for gender parity in theater. Every year they publish The List, a list of the best plays by female and trans playwrights, so that underrepresented work gets more exposure. The plays are always killer and it makes searching for stuff to read a lot easier. Check it out, you won’t regret it.
- Reading Wise Blood by Flannery O’Connor only reinforced her position as my favorite author. Topdog/Underdog by Suzan-Lori Parks was also quality. Currently reading The Awakening by Kate Chopin.
- New season of Star vs. the Forces of Evil premiered Monday! (Wrote a spec script for the show in high school so I have a soft spot for it). Disney XD released the premiere on their YouTube channel for free so you can watch it here. Also Steven Universe is back on the 18th 🙂