Snapshot of super suspect Arizona behavior:
So the U of A vs. ASU football game was a little over a week ago, and there was a group of us watching it on This Guy’s Macbook during a cookout. Since this is a big rivalry game, people get pretty excited over it (for reasons I can’t quite fathom). Because of this, when a U of A player intercepted a pass, the group celebrated. This Guy was especially excited, standing up and hollering, looking quite like a blue-collar dad at a Super Bowl party with his fading hoodie and light blue, baggy jeans. Typical stuff, and as the next play started things died down. Except, still hyped on post-interception adrenaline, This Guy proceeded to ask about the player, “was he white?”
My friend and I exchange looks; This Guy has a history of stupid, racist remarks, and the player was very clearly black. One of us tells This Guy that. We rewind and pause to point out his skin color. This Guy’s smile fades a little.
“Oh. Well, maybe he was mixed.”
“He must’ve had white friends,” I said. “His coach is probably white. U of A’s a majority white school, maybe that’s why he made the catch.” Most people start laughing. This Guy looks at me, confused.
In other news:
- WON NANO!!!!! What even is a sophomore slump?
- Two weeks left in the semester, thank goodness.
- Very into fashion reading now. Finished ‘Fruits’ and just got ‘Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty’. Suggestions are welcome.
- Learned over Thanksgiving that my life at college is nicer than my family’s life at home.
- Went thrift shopping for the first time ever this month (I was full of shit Neftaly, it is v. fun).
- Nothing like ‘Gossip Girl’ and Starbucks to get through the morning.